Degrees Offered: Mid-Career Professional MA track – 30 CREDIT HOURS (MA)
- REEI R600 Proseminar in REEI Area Studies (3 cr)
Area Studies (at least 21 credits)
- 4 courses (3 credits each) from area studies offering, one each from:
- Area of concentration (at least 9 cr – must include REEI-R601)
- Submission of Written Work and Culminating Presentation
Language Requirement (up to 6 credit hours):
- Language courses (up to 6 cr - optional)
- Oral Proficiency Examination
- Courses must be passed with a minimum of a B average and must be area-related.
- Language courses must be: (1) at an appropriate level, (2) graduate level, and (3) relevant to the area of concentration.
- If 6 cr of language courses are NOT taken towards the degree, additional courses in the Area of Concentration are required.
- Courses should be selected in consultation with the REEI Academic Advisor.
*The Mid-Career Professional Subplan is geared towards professionals looking to advance their career. Examples include Foreign Area Officers, State Department officials, and other internationally focused professionals in the private and non-profit sectors.
Applicants may be asked to provide REEI with a goals statement, describing their career goals.