(2002 Graduate, Poetry)
Hometown: Guilford, Connecticut
Simeon Berry lives in Somerville, Massachusetts. He has been an Associate Editor for Ploughshares, and won a Massachusetts Cultural Council Individual Artist Grant and a Career Chapter Award from the National Society of Arts and Letters.
His work has appeared in Crazyhorse, AGNI, Colorado Review, Blackbird, DIAGRAM, The Iowa Review, American Letters & Commentary, and many other journals.
In 2013, his first book, Ampersand Revisited, was selected by Ariana Reines for The National Poetry Series, and was published by Fence Books in May 2015. In 2014, his second book, Monograph, was selected by Denise Duhamel for The National Poetry Series and was published by University of Georgia Press in September 2015.
- B.A., Eckerd College, 1997
- Poetry in Antioch Review, Seneca Review, Southern Poetry Review, Cream City Review.
- Chapter Career Award, National Society of Arts and Letters (Bloomington chapter), 2001.
- Editor, Indiana Review, 2000-01.
- Associate Editor, Indiana Review, 1999-2000.
- Co-winner, Academy of American Poets Prize, 1999-2000.
- Ruth Lilly Fellowship in Poetry, Indiana University, 1998-99.
- Poetry Editor, Indiana Review, 1998-99.
- Contributing Editor, Eckerd College Review, 1997-98.
- Co-Editor, Eckerd College Review, 1995-97.
- Ford Foundation Scholar, 1995-97.