Skip to main content
Indiana University Bloomington

Undergraduate Advising

IU Bloomington

Our advisor can help you plan a major or minor in English and assist with curriculum and academic issues including:

  • Declaring a major or minor
  • Planning your degree
  • Understanding requirements
  • Overseas study
  • Internships and co-curricular opportunities
  • Transfer course evaluations
  • Referrals to other campus resources

Undergraduate Advisor:

Schedule an Advising Appointment

To schedule an appointment online, please visit Login, choose Schedule an Appointment, and select Karen Ellis from the drop-down list of advisors.

To schedule an appointment by phone or in person, call 812-855-9532 or visit Ballantine Hall, room 442.

Advising Resources

Academic Advisement Report (AAR), also referred to as a Degree Progress Report: Your AAR is a personalized report explaining your requirements and progress toward your degree.

To view your AAR, log on to One.IU, go to the Student Center, click on the link "My Academics and Grades," and then click on the "View My Advisement Report." Select your institution (Bloomington) and Report Type, and push the “Process Request” button to run the report. At the top of the report, click the “Expand All” button to ensure that you will see the complete report.

College of Arts and Sciences Bulletin: Consult the Bulletin for degree requirements, policies, majors, courses, and opportunities within and outside of individual departments and programs.

Seniors: Apply to graduate here well in advance of your expected graduation date. Schedule an advising appointment before enrolling for your final semester to be sure you are meeting degree requirements.

Declaring a minor, second major, or certificate outside English: If you would like to declare a major, minor, or certificate in another College department, see the respective department or program advisor(s) listed here. To declare non-College of Arts and Sciences minors and certificates, please check with us for information.